How To Make Sex Better With DIY Cannabis Lube
It is cold outside, and you and your partner often end up on the sofa, cuddling and watching Netflix. Sometimes it is just pure affection, but sometimes it leads to sexy time.
Many cannabis companies produce sexually-focused topicals by using CO2-extracted cannabis oil mixed with a carrier oil base (coconut oil). It works well for the bigger companies, but if you want to DIY, you will need another approach.
The idea of making lube at home might seem crazy in the beginning. However, there is a simple and clean recipe that is easy to try at home. Oil-based cannabis lube will not get you high; instead, it will increase blood flow and heighten sensation. Keep in mind that oil based lubes are not compatible with latex condoms. Consider another type of protection and have fun!
DIY Cannabis Lube Recipe
Yields: 8 oz infused coconut oil
Potency: ca. 6 mg THC per 1 mL (may significantly vary based on the potency of the buds)
- 8 oz liquid coconut oil (MCT oil will do as well)
- ¼ oz cannabis flower
- Two Mason jars (or one but big)
- Food scale
- Grinder (food processor works, too)
- Slow cooker
- Unbleached cheesecloth
- Large funnel
- Small funnel
- Tincture bottle with a one-mL calibrated pipette
- Boiling water (enough to cover a Mason jar in the slow cooker)
- Preheat oven to 240˚F.
- Grind cannabis.
- Decarboxylate cannabis: spread ground flower evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for one hour, stirring after 30 min.
- Divide the cannabis evenly into your Mason jars using the scale. Add half of the oil to each jar and seal as tightly as possible.
- Place Mason jars in the slow cooker and cover with boiling water (the jars should be fully submerged). Set slow cooker to “warm” and cook for 4-5 hours. Using heavy oven mitts, pull the jars out every 60 min and give them a good shake.
- After 4-5 hours, remove jars. Place them on a cloth to cool. Be careful and don’t put the jars on the cold or hard surface because they can crack. Ouch.
- Line the large funnel with four layers of cheesecloth. Place over a large glass measuring cup with a pour spot. Slowly pour the cooled oil through the cheesecloth, squeezing out the plant to get as much oil as possible. The oil will be slightly green.
- With a smaller funnel, pour the oil into the tincture bottle. Your lube is ready to use! (Start with one mL to try and experiment with the amount as you like.)
- If you see bits of herb floating in your oil, strain it again. No one wants plant bits inside, right?
- Keep it simple. Don’t add essential oils. (Actually, you can use the oil for cooking. No kidding!)
- Use lab-tested flowers to ensure that your product is free of pesticides, molds, and other contaminants.
This post is based on this article.
(Sweedsy in no way encourages illegal activity and would like to remind its readers that marijuana usage continues to be an offense under Federal Law, regardless of state marijuana laws. To learn more, click here.)