THC Pills: What Are Those And What To Expect
Cannabis enthusiasts have developed many ways to reap the benefits of cannabis compounds. Smoking remains one of the most popular methods of marijuana use, but there are many others, including vaping, tinctures, edibles, and topicals. Each year new options become available, and the hottest trend today is THC pills.
THC Pills — What Are They?
Commercially manufactured THC pills are a potent cannabis extract in a gelatine capsule. The extract is mixed with vegetable oil to help the absorption of cannabinoid by the digestive system. The potency varies from 2mg microbuses to 100mg per capsule. Moreover, in some places, consumers can find pills with specific ratios of THC: CBD.
Another option is DIY pills. These can be made at home with flower, concentrates or kief.
There are also pharmaceutically manufactured THC pills aka dronabinol (Marinol) available by prescription. The primary difference is that THC is synthetically produced which means that these pills lack the benefits of other compounds found in whole-plant extractions.
Benefits of THC pills are many, including:
- One doesn’t need to inhale smoke and thus can avoid the harmful substances produced by combustion;
- Pills are a discreet way to consume cannabis; they don’t have the aroma or look different from other tablets one might consume;
- Pills make dosing precise (although it can be difficult to measure the dosage in homemade pills); commercial pills are lab tested for potency so that you know exactly how much THC you consume;
- Compared to edibles, THC pills don’t have the added fat or sugar which makes it easier for diabetics or people in general to limit sugar and caloric intake.
There are some drawbacks as well, including:
- They are often difficult to find; online shops are mostly illegal and can sell low-quality or dangerous products;
- Price is high; a bottle of 20 pills can cost around $100 (although they are quite potent and the effects are long-lasting);
- Pills take a fair amount of time to kick in — just like edibles.
Pills are a great way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis, especially if you’re looking for a discreet and potent method. Pick some up in your dispensary or try to make them at home.
The main advice is the same: as with the edibles, start low and go slow.
(Sweedsy in no way encourages illegal activity and would like to remind its readers that marijuana usage continues to be an offense under Federal Law, regardless of state marijuana laws. To learn more, click here.)