Cannabis for Body – Loving Thyself in Tough Times
For many of us, it was a tough week. Bold statements were made, and some of them could potentially alter lives of the whole nation. Given this stress, many of us risk to develop insomnia, depression, and dive into self-loathing.
Humankind is full of hatred now, but the most disturbing part of it is our hate towards our bodies. A 2012 UK study showed that “roughly two-thirds of adults suffer from negative body image.” Nearly all adults struggle with their body image. And hating our bodies, we risk spreading hate to the world around us.
Poor body image can impact mental and physical health. However, you can improve the situation, taking active steps towards accepting your body. Cannabis might help you do it. When chosen carefully, it’s perfect for fighting negative self-talk and bringing necessary relaxation.
How does cannabis help your body?
It makes you feel present and opens the body to pleasure. Cannabis brings the unconscious mind to the surface and prepares you for positive change. At this moment, you are ready to unlearn negative beliefs about your body and gradually transform your self-perception.
Here’s how to find a right strain for successful practice and self-exploration:
- Make sure to avoid strains or products that might bring anxiety and paranoia (i.e., strains high in THC). Probably, the perfect ratio is 1:1 CBD to THC.
- If you don’t have much time, choose smoking or vaping. Vaping is safer.
- Take a closer look at strains with beta-caryophyllene. You know this peppery terpene from cinnamon. It reduces anxiety and depression. Consider trying OG Kush or Skywalker OG but ask your budtender for the lab results to verify the terpene profiles.
Remember, the goal is not to get too much high so you could forget about your body at all. We want to relax your mind and start to change your attitude towards yourself in a positive way. The process will take some time but will bring sustainable transformation in self-perception.
Here’s a thing to try:
- Take some time and find a place where you feel safe, and no one will interrupt you. An hour would be great, but even 10-15 minutes would be beneficial.
- Consume your cannabis product (don’t forget that it should not increase paranoia or anxiety). You don’t need to get super high. Get focused instead.
- Stand in front of a mirror. Look at yourself. Breathe deeply. Try to notice parts of your body you like. Even the smallest detail counts. Do you like your eyes? Cool! You like the jaw line? Awesome.
- If you notice something you don’t like, try to let this feeling go. Don’t pay attention to it. Move on and look closely. Chances are you will find more beauty in your body than you expect. Find everything that makes you unique.
- When you’re done, write down what you experienced in a journal. List all the things you noticed and describe how you felt doing that.
Start doing it once a week. Then, add some more practice. Write down everything that happens in a journal. You’re going to discover many incredible things.
In the world of hatred, you definitely need some love. Begin with yourself and enjoy the process!
(Sweedsy in no way encourages illegal activity and would like to remind its readers that marijuana usage continues to be an offense under Federal Law, regardless of state marijuana laws. To learn more, click here.)